Thursday, December 05, 2013

Nelson Mandela

"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison,"

"I would like to be remembered not as anyone unique or special, but as part of a great team in this country that has struggled for many years, for decades and even centuries. The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."








Nelson Mandela, thank you for showing us a better way to live and the way to heal fro the wounds we have inflicted upon each other. May you rest in well-earned peace.

9 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Beautiful tribute for an amazing human being. Our world was a better place because of him.

Kat said...

Amen! A beautiful tribute for a beautiful man. The world is a better place because he was in it, and that is something we should all strive to be able to say. I hope he is enjoying his reward now.

Kat said...

Oh wow. Just read Gail's comment now. Great minds. ;)

Hilary said...

Amen.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Sorry...just crawled out from under my rock....Nelson died? Well, living to 95, he probably outlived all his imprisoners....good for him!

stephen Hayes said...

I can't think of anything to add except to repeat, as was said about Abraham Lincoln: Now he belongs to the ages.

Craig said...

What was truly remarkable was that the revolution happened without a bloodbath of the old regime. Major blessedness, right there. . .

And this -

"The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Truth to live by, that. . .

Secret Agent Woman said...

The man was a bodhisatva.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I stole something from here and used it today.